Answering 50 Questions About Myself
Something a little more lightweight and fun to read, hopefully. I tried to keep it to the point and answered every question as honestly and spontaneously as I could. Let's cut right to the chase, because let's face it, no one ever reads the introduction.
1. Were you named after anyone?
No. In fact, I don't know a single person called Wanda apart from me.
2. When was the last time you cried? When I was watching an episode of The Legend of Korra. It was a very intimate and emotional scene, leave me alone.
3. Do you like your handwriting? Not really. I feel like our generation doesn’t know how to write properly anymore. Both my parents and step-parents have amazing handwritings. Not to mention my grandparents.
4. What is your favourite lunch meat?
Tuna. Bit of a strange question though, isn't it.
5. Do you have kids? God, no. I like them though. If they're cool.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Probably, yeah. I talk to myself all the time anyway, so would be nice to do it without looking like an absolute lunatic.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? I don't really know, I hardly pay attention to how I say stuff. (See #16)
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes, I do. Never really struggled with tonsillitis. Who even wants to know that, I couldn't care less about people's tonsils.
9. Would you bungee jump? That's a straight no from me.
10. What is your favourite cereal?
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
When they’re brand new, yes. After I’ve had them for a while, not so much anymore.
12. Do you think you are strong?
I want to think so, but life hasn't yet forced me to prove it. Thankfully.
13. What is your favourite ice cream? Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey and Cookie Dough *dribbles*
14. What is the first thing you notice about people? What they wear. Clothes make the man.
15. Red or pink? Red
16. What is the least favourite thing about yourself? Jumping to conclusions and speaking before thinking.
17. Who do you miss the most? My family and friends back in Germany.
18. What is the spark feature that has helped you the most?
19. What colour shoes are you wearing? Trainers: white. Boots: black. Groundbreaking, I know.
20. What was the last thing you ate? Some bread and cheese.
21. What are you listening to right now?
The song that’s playing right in this moment is All Is Found by Kacey Musgraves.
22. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Red, because I love correcting people.
23. Favourite smells? Coffee, summer rain, freshly cut grass, my granddad’s pipe
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? A lovely customer service employee
25. Mountain hideaway or beach house? Beach house
26. Favourite sports to watch? Football World Cup is the only time I ever watch sports.
27. Hair colour? A grown-out, washed-out, red-ish blonde. Need to get my hair sorted asap.
28. Eye colour? Blue-ish
29. Do you wear contacts? Yes, I'm as blind as a bat.
30. Favourite food? Oh my god, how are you even supposed to choose? I’d say Italian, though. Pizza, pasta, antipasti and red wine are life.
31. Scary movies or happy endings? Put on a scary movie when I'm over and that's the last you'll see of me.
32. Last movie you watched? I can’t remember.
33. What colour shirt are you wearing? Black
34. Summer or winter?
Tough one. I love summer but can’t take a lot of heat and winter has Christmas going for it. But life generally feels better in summer, so I’ll go for that.
35. Hugs or kisses? Don't touch me, please. Corona has changed me fundamentally.
36. Favourite dessert?
Strawberry cream cake
37. Strength training or cardio?
How about Netflix and a takeaway instead?
38. Computer or television?
Computer, I hardly ever watch telly.
39. What book are you reading right now?
Everything I Know About Love by Dolly Alderton (recommended by my lovely friend Lena)
40. What is on your mouse pad? Last time I heard someone talking about their mouse pad was 2012. Not even then, probably.
41. Any tattoos? Yes
42. Favourite sound?
Rain and thunder, laughter
43. Rolling Stones or Beatles? The Rolling Beatles
44. What is the farthest you’ve been from home? 4000 km (2500 miles) when I was in Jerusalem.
45. Do you have a special talent? I can make very loud noises with my chewing gum. Pretty sick, I know.
46. Where were you born? Cologne, Germany
47. Where are you living now? Exeter, UK (back in GER soon, though)
48. What colour is your house?
49. What colour is your car? Bold of you to assume I have a car.
50. Any pets?
A big fat black cat.
I found these questions over at @mollslifestlye's blog, so check her out if you want.
If you would like to keep up to date with me you can head down to the bottom of the page now and sign up for my email list so you won't miss my next post!